15 oz canned black soybeans, drained and rinsed
6 Tbs butter, softened
3/4 tsp NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract
3/4 cup erythritol
1 Tbs vanilla extract
6 Tbs (packed) Tropical Traditions Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix (recipe to follow)
1/2 - 1 cup Pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease bundt pan well. (I prefer to use a silicone bundt pan lightly sprayed with PAM)
2. Place beans (drained and rinsed) and eggs into bowl of food processor. Blend on high until completely smooth (no bean lumps! a few skins may remain).
3. Add butter, stevia, erythritol and vanilla and blend for a few minutes to dissolve the erythritol and ensure ingredients are well-blended.
4. Sift coconut into medium bowl (to remove lumps). Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spice mix. Wisk to combine well.
5. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined. Stir in chopped pecans, if using.
6. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Please begin checking cake after about 20 minutes. Different types of bakeware cook differently and you may have to adjust your cooking time).
7. Let cake cool for about 20 minutes then invert onto cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
8. Once cake is cool, place in airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. Let cake sit for at least 8 hours. You must let the cake sit to get rid of any remaining "bean" flavor and to allow the flavors to blend together. The cake also becomes more moist as it sits. The cake can be stored at room temperature for a couple days but keeps best in the fridge.
9. Optional: Before serving, glaze cake
1/4 cup erythritol, powdered
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened (4 oz)
1/2 tsp vanilla
3-4 Tbs heavy cream
1. Place cream cheese, erythritol, and vanilla in medium sized bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
2. Slowly add heavy cream, beating until very smooth and fluid.
3. Optional: heat in microwave for 15-30 seconds to make it even more fluid/runny.
4. Drizzle over cake with a fork or spoon.
Note: You can also serve the glaze on the side or frost the cake
2 Tbs ground cinnamon
1 Tbs ground ginger
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cloves
1. Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
2. Use in place of commercially prepared pumpkin pie spice mix.