Monday, September 21, 2009

My Coupon Ministry

So I've been thinking about this for a while and trying to work out some of the details but I just couldn't wait any longer to share my excitement for these great ministry opportunities. The coupon ministry will be two-fold:

1. I will use the coupons that I can in combination with store sales and store coupons to find the absolute best bargains around - yielding free or nearly free products (food, health care, etc.) that I can then donate to a food pantry (West Side Community Center) or a women's shelter (or something like that).

2. Any coupons that are collected and are not able to be used (due to lack of store-offered bargains and little-to-no operating funds on my end) will be gathered and shipped in support of the Overseas Coupon Program. The Overseas Coupon Program supports American military families on overseas bases. They are able to use manufacturers coupons (including internet coupons that say "manufacturers coupon") that are current and expired (up to 6 months past the expiration date) at their on-base shopping facilities. I have chosen a base in Brussels, Belgium (because I've been there!). This is a fabulous way to show support to our military families with little outlay of money (I am able to ship the coupons in USPS Priority Mailers that have a flat rate shipping cost around $6). They do not make very much money and they don't have access to many coupons so this helps them stretch their dollars!

I would love to partner with you in these ministry opportunities. If you have any suggestions or would like to send me coupons (including coupons expired up to 2 months ago), please send me a private message and I will send you my contact info. I have already started collecting coupons and hunting for bargains. Please see my many "shopping day" posts that detail the bargains that I've found as many of them include items that will be donated and used for ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment