4 cups cold water
4 inches ginger root
1 Tbs vanilla extract (no sugar added)
2 tsp lemon extract (no sugar added)
1/2 tsp NuNaturals White Stevia Extract
Club Soda or Seltzer Water
To prepare Ginger Ale Syrup:
1. Peel ginger root.
2. Grate, mince, shread, and/or peel the ginger root flesh into a medium sized pot.
3. Add the water.
4. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
6. Remove from heat and strain to remove ginger pieces.
7. Add vanilla extract, lemon extract, and stevia. Stir.
8. Cool to room temp.
9. Store in an airtight container or mason jar with tight fitting lid in the refrigerator. The syrup stays fresh for several weeks when stored properly.
To prepare Ginger Ale:
1. Place desired amount of ice in large glass.
2. Pour 1/8-1/4 cup of Ginger Ale Syrup over ice.
3. Fill glass with approximately 1 cup of chilled club soda or seltzer water.
Inspired by this recipe: Ginger Ale by Troyh on recipezaar.com